Table I: 2010 South Dakota Nurses Association Needs Assessment Core Issue Goals
Task Force: Education
Core Issues: Nurse Preparation
- Establish a series of workshops addressing needs identified in the Needs Assessment and strategic planning activities using traditional, electronic, and innovative delivery methods.
- Provide a forum for nursing education and nursing practice collaboration to enhance student learning experiences.
- Evaluate the need for changes in nursing education to meet the health care and nursing needs of the future.
- Introduce/support legislation to improve access to and provide financial support for entry level and graduate nursing degrees.
Task Force: Nursing Delivery Systems/Nursing Models
Core Issue: Preparing for Health Care of the Future
Nurse Delivery Systems
Nursing Roles/ Multiple Preparation Issues
Advanced Practice Nursing
- Explore methods to enhance the role of the nurse and the quality of care within the nursing organizations and departments throughout the state
- Explore ways to use efficient, economical resources to assist the nurse